C. Neal Johnson, Ph.D., J.D.
Chair, Graduate Business Programs
Executive Director, Center for Business as Mission
Phone: (714) 879-3901 ext. 1611
Office: Nutwood Rm 317
- PhD, School of Intercultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
- JD, School of Law, University of New Mexico
- MAICS (Intercultural Studies), School of World Mission, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
- MPA (Public Administration), University of Oklahoma
- Graduate Banking Degree, Southwestern School of Banking at SMU, Dallas, TX
- Graduate, ABA School of International Banking, Boulder, CO
- BA (Political Science), University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Law Licenses:
- State Courts: California, Nevada, Colorado , New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Certifications: Court Certified Mediator and Arbitrator
- Global and Environmental Economics
- Legal Environment of Business
- International Leadership Management
- International Business
- International Management
- Principles of Management
- Small Business Management
- Globalization and the Global Economy
- Mission-Focused Entrepreneurship: Business as Mission
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Business as Mission
- Missional Entrepreneurship
- Christian Business Faculty Association
- Christian Lawyers Association
- State Bar Associations: California & New Mexico
- Recipient of “The Missiology Award for 2004,” presented by the faculty of the School of Intercultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, for “dramatically expanding our understanding of God’s mission to, within, and through the marketplace.”
- Selected as Scholar in Residence, Christian Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO) – providing counsel and advice to CEO business executives on the integration of faith into their companies and responding to monthly speakers on a wide variety of faith-in-the-marketplace issues.
- District Governor, Rotary International
- President, New Mexico Bankers Association
- Negotiator, Panama Canal Treaty, Status of Forces Agreement
- Founding Dean, School of Business, Bakke Graduate University
- Christ in the Marketplace:
- Business as Mission
- Faith and the Workplace
- International (especially 3rd world) business education
- Economic & Enterprise Development
Business as Mission: A Comprehensive Guide to Theory and Practice.
InterVarsity Press, 2009. (528 pages.)
“Life Without Ethics.” Foreword, in How Do Ethics Affect Your Bottom Line? Considerations for CEOs and Senior Administrators, Randall A. Smith, ed. Jackson, Mississippi: Belhaven Books, 2007.
“The Distinctives and Challenges of Business as Mission,” with Steven L. Rundle. In Business as Mission: From Impoverished to Empowered, Tom Steffen and Mike Barnett, eds. Pp. 16-36. William Carey Library: Pasadena, CA, 2006.
“God’s Transformation To, Within, and Through the Marketplace: Toward a Marketplace Missiology.” A paper presented at the IFMA/ EMS national conference, Minneapolis, MN, September 24, 2005.
“Business as Mission: The Distinctives and Challenges of a New Approach of a New Approach to World Mission’” with Steven L. Rundle. A paper presented at the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association (IFMA) and the Evangelical Missiological Society (EMS) national conference, Minneapolis, MN, September 23, 2005.
“Transformation to, within and through the Marketplace.” In A Unifying Vision of the Church’s Mission, Luis K. Bush, ed. Pp. 63-69. Pattaya, Thailand: 2004 Forum for World Evangelization.
“God’s Mission To, Within, and Through the Marketplace: Toward a Marketplace.” PhD dissertation, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2004.
International Faith and Work Directory 2003-2004. Co-editor with Mike McLoughlin, David Miller and Os Hillman. Cummings, GA: Aslan, 2004.
“Book Review of On Kingdom Business.” In Missiology: An International Review (April 2004) XXXII(2):245-246.
“Marketplace Missiology.” In The Mentor (January/February 2004). La Mirada, CA: Biola University School of Business.
“Toward a Marketplace Missiology.” In Missiology: An International Review (January 2003) XXXI(1):87-97.
Directory of Marketplace Ministries 2003. Editor. Pasadena, CA: Institute for Marketplace Ministries, 2003.
“Glad You Asked!” In The Bible in Business, R. Jenson, ed. Pp. 19-21. Sisters, OR: Questar, 1989.
“Living Wisdom.” In The Bible in Business, R. Jenson, ed. Pp. 75-77. Sisters, OR: Questar, 1989.
Dr. Johnson speaks at a wide variety of conferences, symposia, workshops, is guest lecturer at many different universities and preaches in both churches and Christian conference settings domestically and internationally. His primary topics are business as mission, faith and the workplace, God’s calling, globalization and missions.
- International travel
- Movies (love them, especially Star Trek)
- Time with my precious wife and five granddaughters
- Life Verse: Isa. 42:16 (NAS)
- Favorite NT Verses: Phil. 4:6&7; and Matt. 25:31-46.
- Quote: “Relish each moment, for it will not come again.” Jean Luc Piccard
- Quote: “A dream says, ‘I wish’; a vision says, ‘I commit.’” William Hendrich
- www.fcci.org (Fellowship of companies for Christ)
- www.convenenow.com (Convene – business CEO peer groups)
- www.cmbcint.org (Connecting Business and the Marketplace to Christ)