Otis F. Graf, Jr., Ph. D.
Adjunct Professor, College of Arts & Sciences
- Ph.D, Aerospace Engineering and Orbital Mechanics, University of Texas
- B.S., Physics, University of Texas
- Online Instructor: Reasons to Believe (reasons.org), 2010 - Present
- Senior Systems Engineer: IBM Global Services, 1983 - 2004 (retired)
- Aerospace Simulation Engineer: Singer Link Company, 1981- 1983
- Aerospace Engineer: NASA Johnson Space Center, 1967 – 1969; 1975 - 1981
- Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics: University of Houston, Clear Lake, 1975 - 1976
- Resident Research Associate at the NASA Johnson Space Center: National Research Council, 1974 - 1975
- Research Assistant: University of Texas at Austin, 1969 - 1973
- Astronomy and Design, THE5650
- Member American Astronautical Society
- IBM Federal Systems Company Outstanding Achievement Award
- Certificate of Membership, IBM Federal Systems Company Marketing Symposium
- NASA Apollo Astronaut’s Award for Professional Excellence
- Integration of the Bible, Christian faith and scientific understanding. – Demonstrating that the words of the Bible and the facts of nature come from the same source.
- Astronomy, Cosmology and the Design Argument
- Ontological and Epistemological Arguments against Naturalism
PUBLICATIONS AND ARTICLES:
“Is Astrobiology Research Based on a Mistake?” article published online by Reasons to Believe, http://www.reasons.org/astronomy/astronomy-and-bible/astrobiology-research-based-mistake
“Long Noses Give Insight into Intelligence and Evolution,” article published online by Reasons to Believe, http://www.reasons.org/tnrtb/2008/07/21/long-noses-give-insight-into-intelligence-and-evolution/
Published or presented papers on topics in Astronautics, Orbital Dynamics, Numerical Methods, Computer Data Systems, and Large Mass Storage Archive Systems
Grandchildren, gardening, carpentry and working on our family’s small ranch.
GUIDING VERSE OF SCRIPTURE:
Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” As followers of Jesus Christ, we are confident that there is objective truth and that we can know some of that truth. No worldview, other than that revealed in God’s word the Bible, provides a rational basis for expecting science to uncover the deep reality of the natural world.