Elizabeth M. Cooper, M.A.
Adjunct Professor, College of Business & Management
Phone: (661) 305-8744
Office: (661) 305-8744
- M.A., Strategic Planning and Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
- B.S., Business Administration, University of La Verne
- A.S., Health Sciences, College of the Canyons
- Biomedical and Genetics Research Certificate
- Social and Behavioral Research Certificate
- California Community College Teaching Credential – Business and Industrial Management; Health and Physical Care Services and Related Technologies
- Applied Leadership & Management (Capstone)
- Statistics for Management
- Advanced Managerial Finance
- 2006 - Gold Eagle Award - Los Angeles County 20th Annual Productivity and Quality Award-Wallis Annenberg Heart Program
- 2007 - Los Angeles County STEMI Receiving Center Network Initiative and National Task Force
- Strategic Planning
- Evolving Leadership in Business
- Medical Research
- Cardiovascular and Neurological Community Health
- Ovbiagele B, Hutchison P, Handschumacher L, Coleman A, Gutierrez M, Yelllin-Mednick S, Beanes S, Cooper EM, L Shields, D Horowitz, C. Moore. Impact of an Urban Community Hypertension Screening Program on Participating High School Students. Ethnicity & Disease Journal, Volume 20 No 3, July 2010
- Ovbiagele B, Hutchison P, Handschumacher L, Coleman A, Gutierrez M, Yelllin-Mednick S, Beanes S, Cooper EM, Pratt FD. Educating and Mobilizing Youth to Detect Undiagnosed Elevated Blood Pressure in Their Communities: Searching For the Silent Killer. Ethnicity & Disease Journal, Volume 18 No 1, February 2008.
- Eckstein M, Pratt F, Cooper E, Nguyen T. Impact of Paramedic Transport with PreHospital 12-Lead Electrocardiogram on Door-to-Balloon Times for Patients with ST-Segment Myocardial Infarction. Prehospital Emergency Care 2009;13:203-206.
- Pratt FD, Cooper EM, Eckstein M, Nguyen T, Koenig WJ, French WJ. STEMI Receiving Centers Reduce Door to Balloon Times in Los Angeles County (Manuscript accepted by Academic Emergency Medicine 2007).
ABSTRACTS & POSTERS - NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
- Pratt FD, Eckstein M, Cooper EM, Nguyen T, Koenig WJ, French WJ., STEMI Receiving Centers Reduce Door to Balloon Times in Los Angeles County, Scientific Sessions 2007, November 4, 2007, Orlando Fl, Supplement to Circulation, Vol 116, No 16, October 16, 2007, Abstract No 1992
- Eckstein M, Pratt FD, Cooper EM, Nguyen T. Impact of Paramedic Transport with Out-of Hospital 12-Lead ECG on Door-to-Balloon Times for ST Segment Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Patients, Emergency Physicians, October 8, 2007, Seattle WA, Supplement to Annals of Emergency Medicine, Vol 50, No 3, September 2007, Abstract No. 176
2000 – Present Higher Education
Division of Adult and Professional Studies, (On-line and traditional programs).
Associates in Business, Bachelors of Science in Management, Masters of Business Administration
Advanced Managerial Finance, Business Seminar, Corporate Culture, Human Relations Management, Human Resource Law and Management, Introduction to American Business, Introduction to Human Communication, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Leadership and Management, Principles of Self-Management.
1975 – 2000 Business
Conflict Management, Educating the Educator, Guiding Women in Leadership, Human Resources - A Fresh Approach, Management Development Courses, Managing Change Inside and Outside of the Organization, Managing Information is a Collaborative Responsibility, Organizational Management and Development, Presentation Skills- For the Novice or Seasoned Professional, Sales Development and Training, Strategic Management, Time Management- Personal and Professional, Understanding the Investigation Study Process (FDA Overview), Cardiac Pacemaker Follow-up, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Engineering Aspects of Implantable Medical Devices, Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Technology, Cardiac Pacemaker Technology, Neurostimulation – Pain Management, Surgical Techniques.
Advanced Bionics Corporation, College of the Canyons, E.J.C. Business Advisors, Inc., IAPES, International Conference, Pacesetter Systems, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc., Telectronics, Inc., Ventritex, Inc.
1979 – Present Community Service
American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, Nurses Association of Southern California, College of the Canyons, Loma Linda University Medical Center, NorthPark Community Church, Guiding Women in Leadership, Rebuilding Your Marriage, Patient Support , Time Management, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Techniques Understanding Implantable Heart Devices - for Patients and Families, Wallis Annenberg Heart Program – A case study, Women and Heart Disease.
Scuba diving, Astronomy, Botany, Interior Design
“Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." -Albert Einstein
“For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is God’s powerful method of bringing all who believe it to heaven. ..everyone is invited to come to God in this same way. (Rom. 1:16,17).