Barbara Barr, M.Ed.
Adjunct Instructor, College of Education
Phone: 714 521-6324
- M.S., Education, Hope International University
- B.A., Economics, California State University, Long Beach
- Life Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, California State University, Long Beach
- Cross Cultural Language Acquisition and Development Certificate (CLAD)
- Norwalk La Mirada Unified School District, Teacher (2 years)
- San Luis Coastal Unified School District, Teacher, Reading Specialist (7 years)
- Whittier Christian Elementary School, Teacher (1 year)
- La Habra City School District, Teacher, Program Coordinator (School Improvement, Title I, Intervention) (19 years)
- Methods of Math and Science
- Student Teacher Supervision
- La Habra City School District Teacher of the Year
- PTA Honorary Service Award
- Preparing and equipping teachers
- Coaching educators to identify and meet the needs of individual students
- Encouraging and inspiring teachers that they can make a difference in a student’s life
My passion is being involved in ministry. I direct the Women’s Ministry program at my church. With the help of a great team, I am inspired by seeing women grow in their relationship with Christ and their involvement with other women. I also love assisting my husband with Pastoral Care and home visitation. Free time is spent with my incredible five grandchildren.
Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION:
Every child is a wonderful creation of God. As teachers, our job is to find the spark of God’s creation and with His help nurture and grow that spark in the life of a student. It is essential that we develop our skills through training and a commitment to our calling. Every student brings positive or negative experiences that color their ability to learn, but as Christian educators, God can give us the insight to challenge and support each child. We are teachers because we can make a difference in a life.