transfer students

Photo - Transfer Students


Each year, students from many different community colleges and universities transfer to Hope International University to complete their degrees. This should come as no surprise, considering what Hope offers: a national reputation for high academic quality, beautiful facilities, and a supportive, caring environment.



Pacific Scholarship Transfer Student Awards (24 units or more)

  • $9,000 per year - 3.5 GPA or greater - 3.0 annual GPA for renewal
  • $7,000 per year - 2.75 3.49 GPA - 2.75 annual GPA for renewal
  • $5,000 per year - 2.5 2.74 GPA - 2.5 annual GPA for renewal
Note: If you have college work completed, but have not completed 24 or more units, you will be awarded an academic merit scholarship based on our First Time Freshman scale.


Wondering which classes will best transfer to HIU and fulfill our general education requirements? Check out the Transfer Guides below, or email us if you don't see your college listed here.

All students must demonstrate proficiency in mathematics to qualify to receive an A.A. degree or a B.A. or B.M. degree from Pacific Christian College. Click here to download the Math Proficiency Policy.


How many units do I need to transfer?
Whether you've completed 3 or 30 units, you can transfer to Hope at any time!

Can I get a preliminary transcript evaluation of my transfer credit so I can get an idea of what will transfer?
You can! For a preliminary, unofficial evaluation of credit, please email copies of your unofficial transcripts, as well as your selected major, directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Our goal is to have evaluations of credit returned to you within 48 hours!

What is the application process?
Submit an application, 350-word essay, three references, proof of high school graduation, college transcripts, and SAT/ACT scores. (SAT/ACT scores are only required if you have completed less than 24 college credits.)

Do you have a minimum GPA requirement?
Yes - 2.0

Is the ACT or SAT required?
ACT or SAT scores are required if you have not completed 24 or more college units. If you have completed 24 units, you do not need to take the ACT or SAT.

How many of my units will transfer?
Each transcript will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Check out our Transfer Guides to see which units will transfer!

HIU is a Christian university; what does this mean for me? Do you have a religion requirement?
Yes, our students take 18 units of Bible courses.We also offer weekly chapel services and small groups.

Do you have on-campus housing?
Yes! All students under 21 are required to live on campus unless they choose to live at home.

Do you accept Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) transfer certifications?
We do!

Do you have a Transfer Admissions Counselor?
Yes! Contact or (866) PCC-HOPE today to speak with the Transfer Admissions Counselor.


Transfer Admissions Process

Attend an Upcoming Event

Visit Campus

Financial Aid and


Our Alumni Tell Our Story Best

Jennifer Clue

Jennifer Clue
B.A., '07

"Transferring to Hope was so much easier than I expected. All of my units were accepted and I found my niche on campus really quickly. At first I was worried that I would have a difficult time starting school in the middle of the year since everyone else had already been there a semester, but Hope has such a comfortable environment that I was pleasantly surprised!"