Applying for Aid
You should apply for aid prior to completing our admissions process even though financial aid will not be awarded until after you have started our program. This will help you determine how much you will be eligible to receive and you can plan accordingly. Turn around time on processing an application can take up to four weeks or more. The sooner you get started, the sooner you'll have answers; and if approved, the sooner you'll begin receiving your aid benefits. A Financial Aid Checklist is available to assist you with the process.
Here's how you begin:
- Apply for a Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov (You may also apply for a duplicate PIN at this same website if you have forgotten or lost your original PIN.) NOTE: If you are a dependent student, your parent must also apply for a PIN.
- After you (and your parent, if you are a dependent student) have received your PIN, complete your FAFSA application on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Hope International's Title IV School Code is 001252.
- Complete the Online Authorization Form online by clicking here.
- Complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) by clicking here or click on "loans" link top right.
Review Your SAR
Your SAR is the report that summarizes the information included in your FAFSA; it will also indicate the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- You will receive your SAR via email or U.S. mail when your FAFSA has been processed. (Please allow two to six weeks.)
- Please review your SAR for accuracy and correct the information as necessary. Common errors include omitting the answer to "Are you male?" and Agi same as total taxes paid.
If you submitted the FAFSA prior to completing your federal tax return, please update that information once your return has been completed. For all other updates and/or changes, please contact us via telephone or email within 10 business days of receiving your SAR.
Submit Additional Documents as Requested:
- In approximately 10-15 business days from when our Financial Aid office receives your application, you will be notified, typically under separate cover, if any additional documentation is required to complete your financial aid application. You can expedite your application by submitting all requested documentation within 10 business days of notification.
Accept or decline your award(s):
You will be issued an Award Letter approximately 2 to 3 weeks after beginning your program. This award will be sent to you electronically via your HIU e-mail address.. Please make the necessary changes on the award letter, initial, sign and return the letter to us immediately.
Renew your financial aid application:
You will be notified via your issued email account when it is time to renew your financial aid application. At this time you will want to complete a new FAFSA (a federal requirement) and update any necessary institutional forms.
To learn more about financial aid, email us email@example.com or call us at (714) 879-3901 ext. 2202.