Terri Bogan, M.L.S.
Associate Professor, Reference & Instruction Librarian
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x1261
Office: Library, 2nd fl.
- M.L.S., San Jose State University
- B.A., English, California State University, Fullerton
- A.A., Pacific Christian College
- Information Literacy (across the curriculum)
- Beta Phi Mu, Library and Information Science Honor Society
- SCELC Board of Directors (Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium), 2003-2009
- ACRL (Association of College & Research Libraries)
- ALA Membership (American Library Association)
- CARL Membership (California Academic & Research Libraries)
- ACL Membership (Association of Christian Librarians)
- Information Literacy
- Instructional Design
- Research as Conversation
- Bogan, Terri L. Book Review, “The Gospel-Driven Life” by Michael Horton. The Christian Librarian, 55(2) 2012 / 56(1) 2013.
- Bogan, Terri L. Book Review, “Flickering Pixels” by Shane Hipps. The Christian Librarian, 54(1) 2011.
- Bogan, Terri L. All Users are Local Planning Document. 2003. Permission granted to post this document to future All Users are Local online classes sponsored by ACRL.
- Bogan, Terri L. Book Review, "In the Shadow of the Cross" by Ray Pritchard. The Christian Librarian, 46(1) 2003.
- Bogan, Terri L. and Robin Hartman. Faith and Technology: Toward Integration for Christian Higher Education. 1997. Sponsored by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- More Than a Reference Desk: Creative Reference Services. 2013. Poster Session at ACL Conference 2013. Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Strategies for Success: Helping Online Students Discover the Library. 2012. Presented at SCIL Works 2012, Honnold/Mudd Library, The Claremont Colleges.
- Cognitive Development and Information Literacy: A Faculty Discussion. 2007. Presented to the Faculty of Hope International University.
- Learning Styles. 1998. Co-presenter with Robin Hartman. Day of Common Learning, Pacific Christian College.
- Basic Skills for OCLC FirstSearch. 1996. Series of workshops for students and faculty, Pacific Christian College.
- Career Options for English Majors. 1995. Panel discussion sponsored by Sigma Tau Delta at CSUF (California State University Fullerton).
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT:
I am passionate about helping others learn to navigate and critically evaluate the ever expanding and complex world of information. Through situated learning opportunities and by teaching to a variety of learning styles, I hope to instill in students a sense of empowerment and the joy of discovery as they seek out useful and appropriate information for a variety of needs.
Jeremiah 9:23-24 “This is what the LORD says: ‘Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,’ declares the LORD.”
Reading, writing, running, and good conversation with friends.