James W. Woest, Ph.D.
Dean of College of Business & Management; Professor, College of Business & Management
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x1609
Office: Nutwood Rm 315
- Ph.D., Management, Claremont Graduate University
- M.B.A., California State University at Dominguez Hills
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, California Polytechnic State University
- Leadership Skills
- Business Environment
- Principles of Management
- Current Issues in Management
- Financial Management
- Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Business Ethics
- Business and Prosperity
- Statistics for Management
- Business Math and Calculus
- Beta Gamma Sigma member (Academic honor society in the field of business)
- Christian Business Faculty Association member
- The role of business in promoting national and international prosperity
- Specific preparation for first-time managers
- Positive psychology as applied to management
- Church leadership (elder, deacon, and/or school board member at First Christian Church of Huntington Beach since 1989)
- History of nearly all eras and locales
- Folk music, particularly on the hammered dulcimer
- Quilt design
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY OF MANAGEMENT EDUCATION:
I believe that Pacific Christian College has an important role to play in helping students become competent Christian managers:
- Managers, because all of human society today is composed of organizations, much more so than it was even two hundred years ago. Management is the function that makes organizations work - it is quite possibly the single most important profession.
- Christian, because Christians are needed in all roles and professions throughout society. As members of the priesthood of all believers, our graduates have remarkable evangelistic opportunities in business.
- Competent, because no one will take our graduates seriously as either Christians or managers unless they can effectively perform their jobs. Competence is also essential for personal accomplishment and advancement.