J. Blair Wilgus, Ph.D.
Chair, Online Undergraduate Ministry Program
Associate Professor of Biblical Studies
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x1269
Office: Nutwood Rm 315
Ph.D., Hebrew Bible & Old Testament Studies, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
M.A., Old Testament, Lincoln Christian Seminary, Lincoln, IL
M.Div., Lincoln Christian University, Lincoln, IL
B.A., Preaching, Johnson University, Knoxville, TN
- History and Literature of Ancient Israel
- Hebrew Tools
- Old Testament Theology
- Society of Biblical Literature, member
- Evangelical Theological Society, member
- ETS OT Theology Study Group, committee member
- Deuteronomy, the Prophets, and the Life of the Church: A Festschrift in Honor of Dr. Gary Hall. Prestson, Victoria: Mosaic, 2013. Co-edited with Jason T. Lecureux and James Riley Estep, Jr.
- “Amos 4: An Exercise in Old Testament Exegetical Methodology.” Pages 86-104 in Deuteronomy, the Prophets, and the Life of the Church: A Festschrift in Honor of Dr. Gary Hall. Prestson, Victoria: Mosaic, 2013.
- “Bethel” in The Dictionary of the Bible and Western Culture: A Handbook for Students (Baylor University Press, forthcoming)
- Several book reviews published in Expository Times, Restoration Quarterly, and Stone-Campbell Journal
- Old Testament Theology – especially the issue of the violence of God in the Old Testament
- Hebrew Prophets – especially the book of Amos
I am originally from the east coast of Maryland and my wife is from Pennsylvania. We have travelled through the states and quite a bit of Europe. We enjoy traveling to new places, seeing new sights, and especially eating local cuisine. Still, it’s hard to turn down a movie in the cinema or a day spent on a California beach.
“Although my memory's fading I remember two things very clearly: I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great savior.”
- Albert Finney as John Newton in "Amazing Grace"