Wm. Curtis Holtzen, D.Th.
Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x1243
Office: Nutwood 216
- D.Th., University of South Africa
- M.Th., University of South Africa
- M.A., Loyola Marymount University
- M.A., Pepperdine University
- B.A., Pacific Christian College of Hope International University
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Theology of Religions
- Critical Thinking and Argumentation
- Contemporary Theology
- Christian Worldview & Contemporary Living
- Postmodernism and the Cinema
- Film and the Human Condition
- Independent Christian Church
- American Academy of Religion
- “American Academy of Religion” (Steering Committee Open and Relational Theology group)
- Wesleyan Theological Society and Wesleyan Philosophical Society (Vice President)
- Philosophical Theology
- Doctrine of God
- Science and Theology
- “Faith in Relations.” In Relational Theology: A Contemporary Introduction, eds. Brint Montgomery, Thomas Jay Oord, & Karen Winslow. San Diego: Point Loma Press/Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2012.
- "By Faith and Reason: The Essential Keith Ward". Wm. Curtis Holtzen and Roberto Sirvent editors. Darton, Longman, & Todd. London, 2012.
- Review of "One God of All? Probing Pluralist Identities," by Garth Hallett, in Philosophy in Review Vol. 31, No 6 (2011): 417-419.
- Review of "Creation Made Free: Open Theology Engaging Science," by Thomas Oord, in Stone-Campbell Journal Vol. 14 No. 1 (2011): 93-95.
- Review of "Religion and Science: An Introduction," by Brendan Sweetman, in Philosophy in Review Vol. 31, No 2 (2011): 153-155.
- Review of "Perspective on the Doctrine of God: 4 Views," by Bruce A. Ware, Paul Helm, Roger E. Olson, and John Sanders. In Stone-Campbell Journal 13 (2010): 105-108.
- “God’s Restless Heart.” In Love Among Us, eds Darrin L. Grinder and Thomas Jay Oord. Denver, CO: Outskirts Press, Inc., 2009.
- Review of "Dietrich Bonhoeffer: An Introduction to His Thought," by Sabine Dramm. In Stone-Campbell Journal 12 (2009): 87-89.
- Review of "C.S. Lewis and Human Suffering: Light among the Scholars," by Marie A. Conn. In Stone-Campbell Journal 11 (2008): 263-264.
- "We Can’t Go On Together with Suspicious Minds: Gadamer and the Hermeneutics of Trust" (2013) Arizona State University, American Academy of Religion Western Regional
- "Losing Faith in Suspicion: Gadamer and the Hermeneutics of Trust" (2013) Seattle Pacific University, Wesleyan Philosophical Society
- "'Was it Good for You?': Religious Experience and the Virtuosity Test," (2012) Trevecca Nazarene University Wesleyan Philosophical Society
- "Universal Love - Particular Knowledge: In Search of an Open and Inclusive Theology," (2012) Trevecca Nazarene University, Wesleyan Theological Society
- "Bruce (not so) Almighty: Divine Limitation and Human Transformation," (2011) Southern Methodist University, Wesleyan Philosophical Society Meeting
- "Bruce (not so) Almighty: Relational Theism Hits the Big Screen," Gonzaga and Whitworth Universities, Faith, Film and Philosophy (2009)
- "Genesis 1-3: A Narrative Interpretation," CSU Fullerton, for the class Creation/Evolution (2000-present)
- "Rocked by Doubt," California Youth Workers Convention (1998)
Cooking, Running, Theology, Diet/exercise, Intersection of faith and science, and The Simpsons.