Rick D. Walston, D. Min.
Adjunct Professor, Pacific Christian College of Ministry & Biblical Studies
- D.Min., Ashland Theological Seminary (Ashland, OH)
- M. Div., Pastoral Care & Counseling, Lincoln Christian Seminary
- A.B., Church Growth & World Mission, Lincoln Christian College
- Ordained to ministry by Christian Churches, Churches of Christ
- Clinical Pastoral Education (Basic), Jacksonville State Hospital, Jacksonville, IL
- Therapeutic Foster Parent, Ohio
- Adjunct Professor of Christian Ministry: Crossroads College (Rochester, MN), 2011 - Present
- Senior Minister: Marion Church of Christ (Rochester, MN) 2010 - Present
- Vice President of Academics: Crossroads College (Rochester, MN) 2002 - 2010
- Professor of Christian Ministry: Crossroads College (Rochester, MN), 1996 - 2010
- Senior Minister: First Church of Christ (Barberton, OH), 1982 - 1996
- Co-Minister: Bedford Christian Church (Bedford, MA), 1979 - 1982
- Minister: Literberry Christian Church (Literberry, IL), 1975 - 1979
- Pastoral Care—Pastoral Practices
- Pastoral Care—Listening & Assessing
- Handling Personal Temptation
- Family Crisis and Conflict Management
- Pastoral Counseling
- Ethics & Boundaries
- Delta Epsilon Chi, Honor Society of Association for Biblical Higher Education
- NACC Continuation Committee—2008-2011
- Restoration House Ministries, Manchester, NH, Board of Directors—2001-present
- Council on Accreditation, Association for Biblical Higher Education, site review team member, 2010-present
- Practical Ministries
- Pastoral Counseling
- Bible—New Testament
- “A Parent Training Program for First Church of Christ, Barberton, Ohio”, D.Min. project submitted to Ashland Theological Seminary, 2001.
- Various Bible lessons for Christian Standard
Much of my career has been in church ministry. In addition to serving as minister at four churches, I have also served as elder, worship leader, teacher, small group leader and supply preacher in several other churches while employed full-time in academia. During that time I presented workshops or seminars at churches and conventions on areas related to church growth and effectiveness, parenting, leadership and ministry. I have participated in mission trips to Guinea Bissau and Zimbabwe.
Grandkids, gardening, fishing, reading, travel, and crossword puzzles.
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT:
My desire is to use my abilities and spiritual gifts to serve Christ and his church. A significant part of that mission involves teaching and encouraging others to use their gifts in service.