English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
The ESL Program at Hope International University (HIU) serves international students from around the world. We are certain that we can offer you one of the very best programs to study the English language for the following reasons:
- Class Size - We have an average of 10-15 students per class.
- Dedicated Teachers - Our teachers have advanced training and degrees.
- Curriculum - Full-time students will be enrolled in 18 hours of class per week in a variety of skills.
- Talk Time - ESL students have opportunities to practice their English conversation skills with American students at weekly Talk Time meetings
- Field Trips - We offer monthly field trips to the amusement parks, shopping centers, museums, local events, etc.
- Location - HIU is close to beaches, parks, and major cities.
- School Size - HIU is a small, private university where everyone knows each other by name.
- Student Center - The Lawson-Fulton Student Center has a gymnasium, fitness center, student lounge, and other facilities for students to enjoy.
- International Student Programs (ISP) Office - The friendly staff in the ISP office are dedicated to helping international students adjust to living and studying in the United States.
- Housing - ESL students can live in the menís or women's dormitories with Americans and other international students.
- Christian Values - Students will learn in a safe and caring environment.