MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
FAITH IN PRACTICE
As a private Christian university, Hope is committed to the integration of faith, service and learning. This dedication is reflected in the university’s mission statement, core values and statement of belief, the guiding lights for every activity, class and relationship on campus.
“The community within Hope is always there to walk with you down the path God has chosen for you. They help you grow into the person you will become.”
Andrew Pervorse, Sophomore
Hope International University's mission is to empower students through Christian higher education to serve the Church and impact the world for Christ.
As a Christian University, we are committed:
- To remain Christ-centered, biblically based and focused on serving the Church while maintaining the values of the Restoration Movement.
- To create a Christian environment in which students are strengthened in their faith.
- To equip servant leaders in their chosen professions to change the world for Christ in contextually appropriate ways.
- To provide academic programs, and both organizational and physical infrastructure that are excellent in every way.
- To conduct research in order to act as a change agent in communicating the relevance of the Gospel.
- To be responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
STATEMENT OF BELIEF
Hope International University does not subscribe to a formal creed. Below is a summary of some critical and crucial truths which guide our institution.
- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1).
- All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the person of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work (II Timothy 3:16,17).
- The Law became our tutor to lead us to Jesus, the Messiah. Jesus established a new and better covenant (Galatians 3:24; Hebrews 7:22).
- Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and Lord. He is the image of the invisible God (Matthew 16:16; Col. 1:15; Acts 2:36).
- Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures (I Corinthians 15:4).
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world concerning sin, and righteousness and judgment (John 16:8).
- If any person is in Christ, he is a new creation (II Corinthians 5:17).
- Jesus is the head of the Church which is built upon the foundation of the apostles (Ephesians 1:22-23; Ephesians 2:20).
- God calls all Christians to be ministers of reconciliation regardless of their occupations (II Corinthians 5:18).
- There are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are varieties of ministries, but the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good (I Corinthians 12:4-7).
- Jesus' great commandment is to love. "Love your enemies" and "love one another." Whoever loves the Father, loves the child born of Him. Every Christian is a brother or sister to every other brother or sister and should live like it (Matthew 5:43; John 13:34-35; I John 5:1).
- Jesus' great commission is to go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that He commanded of us and lo, He will be with us always (Matthew 28:19-20).
- The Lord will come again for both judgment and salvation. Every eye shall see Him (Hebrews 9:28; Revelation 1:7; I Thessalonians 4:16-17).
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Hope International University admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
The University will make reasonable accommodations for students for any known disability as long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship. Any questions or concerns regarding this policy should be directed to the office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
STUDENT COMPLAINT NOTICE
Hope International University takes complaints and concerns regarding the institution very seriously. To learn more about submitting a complaint, read more here.